Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Birthday

Well... it has been a long time coming... but better late than never.
Even though my birthday was on the 12th of July, I haven’t had time to do a write up on it all this time. No time because of our 5 week holiday to Sri Lanka and then taking time settle down once we came back. Plenty more to write on with details on our holiday, wildlife safaris, photo shoots and book reviews – so watch this space.
My wife usually goes overboard with my birthday celebrations and this year was no exception. When she asked me what I wanted for my birthday, I told her that all I wanted was a peaceful, relaxing day. Simple enough, right? But noooooo.... she can’t leave it just at that. I was sent out early in the morning on a ridiculous errand during which time she setup the surprise. I came back to find that she had made some fantastic stuff for lunch, baked a cake and got me some great gifts. I thought it might be difficult to top last year but she outdid herself again.
Lamb chops and salad..... yummmmmmm
Seafood Paella...... absolutely delicious
Stuffed my stomach silly....
Dessert – The Ultimate Chocolate Cake... really that’s what its called that! Just divine!
The birthday candle – Scooby Dooby Doooooooooo!
This is a wonderful gift – a photo book of all my favourite pictures from my 365 project. Brilliant!
Some photography books.... remember those book reviews I mentioned?
And finally, this is how much I liked the cake....
Needless to say, I had a fantastic time and great birthday. So, thank you, my love, for making my birthday special... you, of course, are the best.
Can’t wait for next year....

3 comments:

  1. omgoodness!!! what yummy looking food...
    would love to know what the seafood paella recipe is...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great shots! They made me hyungry and I just finished lunch :-).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks :)

    Cath (and anyone else)- the recipe she useed is this http://www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/database/paella_7100.shtml
    Though she made it her own by adding a lot of her own "customised" stuff :)

    ReplyDelete

If you like this blog post or pictures, please leave a comment to let us know. Thank you.